Running Horses

Running Horses

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Message from a Native Elder

I recognized Floyd "Red Crow" Westerman because I have admired him since I saw him in the movie, Dances with Wolves, as the chief, Ten Bears.
He passed away a few years ago and I mourned as if I knew him.  I was very disappointed he would not be around for the publication of my book series, Where the Horses Run.  I envisioned him as the character Many Waters.  I still envision him as that character.
I tried in my book to capture the essence of not only the man, but the culture and historical experiences he had which made him a great spokesman for his peoples.  To listen here brings it back to me.

When looking at science videos on YouTube I came across this video with him in it, much to my surprise.  By appearances I would guess it was made within the last year or two of his life.  He has some interesting things to say.  There are other videos you may stray to, but come back to this one.  It may touch your heart even when you didn't expect it.

Go to this address  http://youtu.be/uZ8zcAVLIqw to listen to the video titled,  News Alert Native American Indian Elder explains why this world is DOOMED!!!  [Mirroed].mp4


No comments:

Post a Comment